In partnership with Alpine Endeavors, this all-day outdoor intensive takes students mountain biking on carriage roads through “The Gunks” of Gardiner, New York. Teams will need to work together to navigate and complete initiatives within the Minnewaska State Park and Mohonk Preserve using maps. The parks sit within the Shawangunk Ridge, a 440 million-year-old rock formation and one of the oldest in the world.
This all-day mountain biking venture is designed to foster team-building in a challenging, high-pressure environment. Debriefing and scheduled reflection provide participants with an opportunity to transfer the leadership lessons learned while biking.
Previous Bike Riding Experience is Necessary. Boxed breakfast, lunch, dinner, and motor coach transportation are all provided. There is no fee to participate in this venture. Registration is open to all Wharton Undergraduates. We will need to capture participant height and weight to secure bike rentals in advance of the venture.
- Work together in teams to navigate and complete initiatives
- Foster team-building in a challenging and high-pressure environment
- Date: Spring Session Friday, March 23, 2018
- Times: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Enrollment: 30 Participants per session
- Location: Gardiner, New York (transportation and boxed breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included)
- Facilitator: Alpine Endeavors