Wharton Leadership Ventures invites you to apply to become a Venture Fellow
Serving as a Venture Fellow is an incredibly rewarding experience with the opportunity to further develop as a leader and facilitate the leadership development of venture participants.
*UPDATED* WG21 Venture Fellow Recruitment & Onboarding Timetable:
In light of Covid-19 concerns, we have made the following updates to the MBA Venture Fellow Application Process:
- Coffee Chats will be held virtually via BlueJeans 3/17 – 3/19. Please sign up for a slot here. This is an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the VF role, especially given many of you were not able to attend a venture.
- The Venture Fellow application deadline is now 3/20, at 5PM EST. You can access applications here.
- All interviews will be conducted virtually, and will still take place the week of March 29th. You will receive notice of an interview by next week. Final decisions will be communicated by mid-April.
All applications are READ BLIND by Venture Fellows, meaning we DO NOT know your identity when reading your application. Note that prior participation in a Wharton Leadership Venture or prior outdoor experience is not necessary. In other words, if you haven’t participated in a venture and have never been camping, you should still apply to be a Venture Fellow.
In the applications, we are looking for an understanding of the role, as well as a clear demonstration of the following five characteristics.
- Leadership Character
- Emotional Intelligence
- Adaptability and Resilience
- Effective Communication
For those accepted to the program, we are still working out details for spring transition meetings as the situation evolves. However, the following training dates for the 2020-2021 school year are still in place and are mandatory:
- VF August Training: August 22, 2020 – August 29, 2020
- VF Winter Training: November 13, 2020 – November 14, 2020
- Venture Fellow Recruiting & Assessment – February – early April 2021
Click here to view the WG20 Venture Fellows.
The Role of a VF
Venture Fellows are carefully selected and trained 2nd-year leaders who possess the following competencies: Leadership Character, Diplomacy, Emotional Intelligence, Adaptability and Resilience, and Effective Communication. Each year, approximately 28 rising 2Y students are selected to serve as Venture Fellows. From within that group, 2 VFs are selected as Venture Fellow Coordinators.
Venture Fellows are responsible for assisting with Venture marketing efforts, conducting pre-trip information sessions and activities, serving as a coach and facilitator during ventures, and collecting information after the ventures to ensure continuous improvement of the program.
WG 20 Venture Fellow Profiles
To learn more about a few of our Venture Fellows from WG20, check out these featured VF Profiles.
Missed the Info Session?
Click here to view the slides presented at our February 12th info session for the WG21 application period.