Examine theatrical creation as a metaphor for team building, innovation, creativity in the workplace and presence; build skills that will impact leadership in any chosen field.
Facilitated by: Quinn Bauriedel, Co-Founder, Pig Iron Theater
Featuring the Pig Iron Theater Company
“True presence is a highly sought after and crucially important skill for the modern executive. Successful leaders in every discipline have that rare combination of confidence, charisma, self-awareness and inspiration. Actors also search for a strong “stage presence”. Easily seen and difficult to describe, stage presence or leadership presence is an attribute that we all feel is something which would make us better leaders. While some might argue that presence is an innate quality, this workshop proves otherwise as we demystify the building blocks of presence and train ourselves to strengthen our own engagement with audiences. You learn to be more “present,” will understand how to be more motivational as a leader, more convincing as a negotiator, and more open and honest as a team member.”
Designed for business students to examine theatrical creation as a metaphor for team building, innovation, creativity in the workplace, and presence. This workshop allows you (non-actors and actors alike) to build skills that impact your life as a leader in any chosen field. The workshop gives you a window into ensemble playmaking with an eye toward leadership principles in a fun, original, high energy, and accessible manner.
- Build one’s presence in front of others and comfort onstage
- Expand one’s collaborative decision-making model
- Exercise one’s innate creative energies
- Gain an awareness of the body’s expressiveness in communication
- Learn techniques to generate ideas through group-think
- Focus one’s energies on listening to and reading the audience
- Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Time: Bus at 8:00am, Program 9:00am-3:30pm
- Enrollment: 30 Participants
- Location: Pig Iron Theatre Company, 1417 N. 2nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122 (bus will leave from 2401 Walnut)
- Facilitator: Quinn Bauriedel
Students selected to attend this Workshop will be notified by email 3 weeks in advance of the event date. If a Workshop is oversubscribed, preference may be given to second-year students and to those who have not yet participated in a Workshop. Students not selected will be automatically placed on the waitlist and will be notified as such 3 weeks in advance of the Workshop. Those on the waitlist should check their emails for updates on their status. If you were selected for but cannot attend a Workshop, please email Michael Pratt as soon as you can. Failure to notify us of your absence 4 days before the event may result in a ban from future McNulty Leadership programs.