How would you react if you knew your actions and those of everyone on your team determined the survival of another individual? This is what highly specialized teams of surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, and trauma nurses deal with on a daily basis at the University of Pennsylvania’s Trauma Center.
What leadership, teamwork, and communication skills can be developed in the Trauma Center, and how can we transfer them to other situations? This rare opportunity to observe the Trauma Team will provide invaluable lessons and insights into how teams under pressure must work together in order to achieve their common goals.
Participants will be required to formulate recommendations from their observations and analysis of the leadership systems in action to present to the staff of the Trauma Center at a date to follow the observation dates.
- Gain insights into how teams under pressure work together in order to achieve common goals
- Formulate recommendations from observations and analysis of the leadership systems in action
- Develop communication skills
- Date: Fall Session Friday, November 10 & Saturday, November 11, 2017
- Times: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Enrollment: 30 Participants per session
- Location: Pennn Trauma Center,51 N. 39th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Facilitator: Penn Medicine