Improv for Business Skills
Join Unscripted for an Improv for Business Skills Workshop and discussion with Penn alum founders.
Leadership Workshops are a set of free experiential learning opportunities. Workshops are targeted towards specific leadership development competencies and range from a half to a full day experience. We are delighted to partner with the Wharton Undergraduate Student Life to offer Improv for Business Skills.
All through the power of improvisational theater-based training:
- Develop confidence speaking in front of an audience (or group of teammates!)
- Become more comfortable with uncertainty and adapt quickly to new situations
- Refine your speaking style to be more natural and conversational
What to Expect in a Workshop
- Improvisational theater (or improv) is a form of theater in which everything is completely unscripted. You come as you are and work to create something from nothing. No acting or improv experience is required or expected (we promise!)
- Our workshops look like exercises and games that allow us to create collectively. First we will warm up to get our bodies and minds relaxed and the ideas flowing. Then, working in pairs or larger groups, we will work on improv exercises. It might look a little bit like a theatrical scene, or storytelling, or some games or just a group of people standing in a circle messing around! We’ll wrap up with discussions and connections between improv, the skills we’ve honed, and our personal and professional lives.
- If getting in front of a group without a script sounds terrifying, then this workshop is for you and will be helpful. There’s no such thing as a mistake in improv, so you cannot be wrong. And the collaborative nature of improv means that we are all working with and supporting each other – so we’ll all have fun and grow together.