Comprised of both Wharton undergraduate and MBA students, the Authors@Wharton Student Committee plays an integral role in expanding and enriching the speaker series in a variety of ways, from suggesting potential speakers and topics to managing events. Committee members also have the opportunity to engage with our world-famous speakers during event planning and delivery. Service on the Committee is for the full academic year, with the following years selection chosen during the preceding Spring Semester.
Committee Member Responsibilities
- Attend at least two Authors@Wharton events per semester
- Serve as Event Lead for at least one event per semester
- Provide support at events, including event management, book distribution, VIP management, Q&A session, social media posting, etc.
- Attend monthly committee meeting (3-4 per semester; Wednesday mornings)
- Provide recommendations and feedback on potential speakers and topics
- Assist with the 2020-2021 committee selection process
How To Apply
First-year MBA students as well as freshman, sophomore, and junior undergraduates of the Wharton School are eligible to apply. Interested candidates will be asked to answer a series of essay questions. Selection of the committee occurs in the Spring Semester for service during the following academic year.
- Information Session: February 27th, 12:00pm-1:20pm, JMHH G55
- Application Opens: February 26th – March 18th
- Interviews and References (if needed): end of March
- Notification to Committee: week of April 6th
- Transition meeting for old/new committee: week of April 13th
Questions about the Student Committee? Please contact Kelly Busch, Events Manager.