Featuring the Pig Iron Theatre Company
This leadership workshop will focus on the methodology of Pig Iron Theatre Company, Philadelphia’s own OBIE Award-winning theatre ensemble. Designed for business students to examine theatrical creation as a metaphor for team building, innovation, creativity in the workplace and presence, the workshop will allow non-actors and actors alike to build skills that will impact their lives as leaders in any chosen field. The workshop promises to give participants a window into ensemble playmaking with an eye toward leadership principles in a fun, original and accessible manner.
Specifically, the workshop aims to:
- Build one’s presence in front of others and comfort onstage
- Expand one’s collaborative decision-making model
- Exercise one’s innate creative energies
- Gain an awareness of the body’s expressiveness in communication
- Learn techniques to generate ideas through group-think
- Focus one’s energies on listening to and reading the audience
- Learn by doing, by risking, by making
Gabriel Quinn Bauriedel
Founder, Co-Artistic Director of Pig Iron Theatre
Gabriel Quinn Bauriedel ’94 is a founding member and Co-Artistic Director of the OBIE Award-winning Pig Iron Theatre Company. Since 1995, Quinn and the company have created 18 original works of theatre, touring them to venues and festivals in Brazil, Germany, Scotland, England, Romania and Poland, among others. Quinn was a Henry Luce Fellow in Bali, Indonesia in 2000-2001 and was a Pew Fellow in Performance Art from 2002-2004. As teachers, Quinn and his team have led workshops at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Brown, University of Virginia, Wesleyan, Drexel, Temple, University of Pennsylvania, Swarthmore College and Haverford College, among others.